Are coaching and digitalisation the perfect synergy for developing talent and leadership?
In an increasingly hyperconnected world, coaching training cannot escape from technology either. Tools such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data offer new options for training.
Thanks to them, people or companies that train in coaching not only improve their skills, talent and strengths, but can also measure the economic impact of the investment to see a real return. Stay in this article, because we are going to tell you what is Coaching Tech, its characteristics and advantages for the development of talent and leadership.
Here we go!
What is Coaching Tech?
It is a discipline based on promoting the client so that they can achieve their objectives, with technological tools that allow the economic impact of the investment made to be measured and the objectives achieved to be monitored. The online platforms incorporate big data algorithms, artificial intelligence and machine learning that make it possible to personalise the material of the method, detect individual patterns and provide advice to encourage change.
However, this discipline should not be confused with technology coaching aimed at improving online presence and the use of new technologies.
Characteristics of Coaching Tech
Take note of the main features of an ideal method for developing talent and leadership skills:
- Online environment. The training is 100% online, which makes it easy to balance your personal and professional life while training new competencies, developing your strengths and modifying behaviours.
- Algorithms. Big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning allow us to know the user better and therefore: personalise the reading and video material provided, detect individual patterns and provide advice that drives change.
- Neuroscience. Questionnaires are used to discover behaviours that block progress and efficient behaviours that can help us move forward. New methods based on applied neuroscience set the right framework for companies to be aware of and committed to the investment they make, among other things.
- Support. 360 degree feedback, real and continuous support for participants to achieve their goals, which will ultimately be the companies’ goals.
- Gamification. Use gamification to encourage people to keep working and improve. This feature is proven to improve learner engagement, increase participation and foster talent and leadership development.
- ROI. Facilitates qualitative and quantitative ROI, which also improves decision making.
- Awareness. Users are more aware of the need for coaching training, as only those who are previously committed to working and improving with the method do it.
- Active listening. Together with empathy, curiosity and unconditional acceptance, it allows to experience successful coaching sessions. Participants are listened to, their dilemmas are heard, and the best way to solve them is sought.
In short, it could be said that these characteristics of Coaching Tech facilitate the development of talent and leadership. Acquiring competencies or developing skills requires an experience during the process, where the user feels challenged and supported by other people to achieve what they really need.
Online coaching, the right decision
Developing talent and leadership skills go hand in hand, but most traditional coaching programmes do not challenge the client to step out of their comfort zone. This hinders behavioural change and growth. In general, they are traditional coach-based programmes that require inconsistent work, do not allow for ROI measurement, have an impersonal impact, are single-objective, and many of the companies that hire them en masse do not know how to take advantage of them, resulting in wasted time and money.
On the contrary, Coaching Tech online platforms allow regular work, obtain qualitative and quantitative ROI, have a positive impact on the personal and professional environment, work in parallel on well-being and at least one professional objective, and ensure their use only by those who commit in advance to work and improve, which means a great saving of resources for the company and a greater impact on users.
Advantages of technology coaching in talent and leadership development
Thanks to the involvement of technology in coaching, it is possible to have tools that favour continuous support and the design of clear and achievable objectives on a single platform. Below, we have summarised the main advantages of this method:
- Habit change. Create discipline to incorporate and modify habits that will make you a better leader. Most of the time, a decision of will is not enough, so you need the support of others.
- Acquire competencies or develop leadership skills. It requires challenge and support from others, as well as a structure that allows you to enjoy achieving something you really want. If the programme does not challenge you to get out of your comfort zone, change is not possible.
- Cost savings. Costs per person are reduced. In addition, by ensuring that this method is used only by those who commit in advance to work and improve, companies save resources and have a greater impact on users.
- Well-being. Encourage wellbeing in your leaders and their teams.
- Labour productivity. Setting challenging goals leads leaders to get out of their comfort zone and acquire habits that positively impact on work productivity.
- Physical and mental health. Avoid chronic diseases as a result of stress and sedentary lifestyles through the promotion of healthy habits.
- Measure results. Monitor the evolution of your leaders and estimate the return on investment on personal and professional goals.
Would you like to get the benefits of an online coaching process, all in one platform and without having to pay for a coach? At ChVmpionMind, we can help you achieve the results you want in talent and leadership development.
Talent is what makes us unique, but behind leadership there are other necessary skills, such as charisma, empathy, intelligence or understanding. Work on them properly with a different method!